Rome is a festive city come winter. Christmas-themed tours and activities, plus seasonal decorations make a trip in December and January especially memorable. Here are a few ways to explore Rome on a winter trip.
- Celebrate Christmas on a tour of the Vatican on Christmas Eve and by attending Christmas mass at St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Explore Rome with a local host leading the way on a private tour that can be tailored to your personal interests.
- Receive a Papal blessing with a special tour on Christmas Day, December 25.
- See the best of Rome’s Christmas decorations with a holiday-themed walking tour.
- Learn about two different aspects of Rome’s history on a tour that includes the underground catacombs and skip-the-line access to the Colosseum.
- Warm up indoors with skip-the-line tickets to the Borghese Gallery or the Vatican Museums.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve with a nighttime tour of Rome’s illuminated landmarks plus a hearty 4-course meal and fireworks at midnight.
- Discover the festive seasonal lights beyond Rome with a day trip to Ariccia.