Before the bustle of summer, spring is a lovely season to explore Rome. Pleasant temperatures, vibrant streetlife, and blooming flowers are all reasons to visit the Eternal City in March, April, and May. Here are a few things to do on a trip to Rome.
- See the major landmarks with a half-day walking tour including highlights of ancient Rome such as the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Piazza Navona, and Pantheon.
- Book skip-the-line tickets to explore the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica at your leisure.
- Move quickly through Rome on a scenic journey via the hop-on, hop-off sightseeing bus tour.
- Discover the countryside beyond Rome with a cooking class outside the city’s borders.
- Learn about history with a daytrip to the ancient ruins of Pompeii and the volcano Mt. Vesuvius.
- Set sail into the Bay of Naples on a day trip from Rome to the island of Capri.
- Venture into Tuscany for a day trip to see historic villages including Montepulciano and Pienza.
- Explore the Unesco World Heritage Site of Hadrian’s Villa on a day trip to Tivoli.