Cooler temperatures and an absence of crowds draw the savvy traveler to Rome in fall. After the bustling summer months, the city settles back into its regular rhythm. Here are a few ways to explore Rome in autumn.
- Discover the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel after dark with a nighttime tour.
- Maximize time in Rome with a scenic journey on the hop-on, hop-off bus tour, including skip-the-line access to the Colosseum.
- Learn about Rome’s spooky past with a ghost and mystery-themed walking tour.
- Visit some of ancient Rome's major landmarks on a guided tour of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum.
- Join a local chef to learn the secrets behind Italian cuisine with a cooking class focused on pizza or pasta.
- Cover ground quickly with a nighttime e-bike tour of Rome and see the city lights.
- Explore beyond Rome with a day trip to Tuscany, including a tasting of the region’s famous wines.
- Stroll through the Tuscan towns of Siena and San Gimignano on a day trip.
- Experience history beyond Rome with a day trip to the towns of Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio.